Thursday, December 10, 2009

"You're Not Happy Here" and neither am I!



My husband recently released an EP, a short length album. He put alot of time and effort into it and it's a great project and I know there is so much more to come from him. I find it amazing how many people said they loved the songs and couldn't wait for the EP but once it came out no one has made the effort to go spend $6 on it. I mean come on, they probably spent more then that on lunch today. Skip lunch one day and buy it. If nothing else you are supporting someone else's love and dream. I know you'd want to be supported if it were you, right? And it's not like I am asking them to go buy some crap. It's done well, it's done with quality. Makes me not ever want to record or release anything of my own because I feel like no one would support me in it or come off the cash to buy it. Yeah, I know things are tight for everyone but like I said you probably spend $6 or more on lunch out every day. This is so important to him and I don't know how else to promote it or push it. Even if they don't want the whole album they could still go down load a couple of songs. I'm just at the point now where I feel like you can never truly count on anyone. Everyone is supportive with their mouth but rarely with their resources. I don't want to become bitter towards people in general and I guess I keep trying because I am just hoping that there is hope out there somewhere but so far I haven't seen it! Lol! But then I'm truly amazed at the crap people will support instead! Someone of true quality and talent is out there doing what they love, making great tunes and no one budges. But give someone a mic on Sunday that can't carry a dad-gum tune, let her shake a little and every screams "the anointing" and practically worships them. Gag. Yeah, I know, I'm ranting and raving a little but that's kinda what I keep a blog for! Lol! I'm sick of no talent crap getting all the attention and people with true talent getting tossed by the way side. And I guess that's been alot of musicians/singers biggest beef with the music industry in general. It's so hard to build a true fan following. I'm at a loss on how to get this music into the right hands, into people's hands who have a love for indie rock. Well, at least I can say that seeing how unsupportive people are that it has made me really step up and support bands and artists I like and admire. I've really been pushing another band called Campbell the Band. I think their music is great and I'm eagerly awaiting the opportunity to buy it. If nothing else but to show them that someone out there respects what they are doing. I don't want to beg or pressure anyone into buying 'Thoughts and After That' by Stranger in Bree but I think it's totally worth it. And that's coming from a long time lover of music and someone who wants to do music again some day too.......but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment