Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Multiple Children....


As many of you know, I am done having children. Never again will I have a child unless my some serious strange fluke! I had my tubes tied over a year ago and I'm not ashamed to say it or talk about it. I honestly think it was one of the greatest things I ever did for myself, at least since having a child! Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter more then anything in the world, wouldn't trade her for anything. But being a parent is exhausting, overwhelming, trying and hard. It's also amazing, rewarding, sweet and fun! Lol! I admire anyone who has more then one child. I know every child is different, some of much more relaxed and easy going so having another one seems like a good idea. Gianna is a good child, although right now she's going through the trying two's and everything seems to cause a fuss, a melt down and a flood of tears lately. But overall she's self entertaining most of the time and she does listen. She's just energetic and willful too. But even on good or even great days I still wonder why in the world someone who has a child who is under the age of , oh, ten would want another one!!! My life would be insane and I would have no nerves or patience if I had another one. Especially since you get no sleep with a newborn. If I wasn't getting a full nights rest every night I'd go insane! Luckily, Gianna is a great sleeper! She goes to bed by 9pm at the latest and sleeps til anywhere from 7am to 8:30am! But the thought of dealing with a almost three year old and being pregnant or having another baby makes me want to pull my hair out! I also wonder why people decide to have another child when their current child is a little hellion!!! It's like, oh, yeah, I have no control over this child so let's have another one! Great idea! I personally can't imagine us trying to support another child on our income either. We are doing fine but another one would totally sink us I think! I know people who don't have jobs and they are having more kids. Is that wise? Isn't that kinda selfish to bring a child into a home where you are barely making ends meet as it is? Especially when you have control over getting pregnant. I mean, come on, most of the time when you really use birth control you don't get pregnant! Birth control nearly drove me out of my head. I had never been on it until after I gave birth to Gianna. The next year, between surgeries (c-section, gallbladder and tubal) and birth control I thought I was going to lose my mind. I've never felt more out of control of my mind and body. Horrible mood swings, violent temper, appetite increase, weight gain, headaches....it was the worst year of my personal life I think. After I had my tubes tied and got off the birth control things slowly and gone back to "normal" for me. I feel good again, energetic, and in control for the most part. I can control my moods and temper much easier then before. I don't feel like I'm on the edge all the time. For me, one child is plenty. I've done the pregnancy and birth thing. I'm doing parenthood. I've experienced it. Gianna is beautiful and a blessing. I can't imagine loving anyone anymore. I was the oldest of 5 and I just don't ever want to put Gianna into the same place I was in growing up, the oldest. Too much responsibility. I want Gianna to enjoy her life to herself. To be able to grow up and think about what she wants to do and where she wants to go and not having to worry about anything else. I want us to be able to provide her with everything we can. I love that's she an only child. You can tell me all the con's to being an only child and I can come up with just as many con's with being one of multiple children. I like our small family, I like the modern feel it has for me. I like being able to pick up and go alot easier with one then multiples. I like it that it's easier to get a babysitter for one then if I had several to throw on someone! One is good for me! Do I criticize those with more? Absolutely not! I just don't understand it at all! Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment