Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Campbell the Band - 'Cancer'


I am absolutely in love with this song! It's one of those songs that even though I may not completely understand it somehow it speaks to me.....not to mention the music is beautiful. Everytime I hear it I am almost moved to tears. I am very proud of this band too since I know one of the members. We aren't super close but I've known him for several years and I'm pleased with who he is becoming and the deeper message in their songs. He and his bandmates are very talented and I'm pleased to help promote them some!!! Check them out at myspace.com/campbelltheband and at Facebook.com/campbelltheband. Another great song is "God Never Sleeps"......

"Cancer" by Campbell the Band
You're so plain, and you're so sane. I feel that you are hardly real.
Twist your mind and break your thoughts in two, so I can look like you.

You are all I am, if my wishes all went as planned.
You are all I am, if I needed false hope to stand.

If your made of stone, then break my bones and steal my home.
You will find tradition makes you blind and leaves you so alone.

You are all I am, if my wishes all went as planned.
You are all I am, if I needed false hope to stand.

Don't make God wake your mind...wake your soul.
Don't give Him reason for letting go.
Don't let God drag you on...run to Him.
Don't let Him fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment