Saturday, July 25, 2009

Waiting on August...

So it's been awhile since I've blogged. Just haven't really felt like it lately to be honest. I've had plenty to say but just didn't feel like saying it!
Gianna is two weeks (almost) in to potty training and she's caught on beautifully! I couldn't be prouder with her progress. The first week we had a bit of an issue with her going "big" in the potty but that has slowly resolved itself over this last week. She's still a little cautious and it takes her quite a bit of time to relax but she's got the idea! I've rewarded her tons, with praise and prizes and I think she's pretty proud of herself as well.
I am dying for August to just be here already! I can't believe that on August 5th Beej and I will have been married for four years! In some ways I can't believe it's been that long and in other ways it seems like it's been longer. Still love him dearly and couldn't imagine my life without him. He's made alot of sacrifices for Gianna and I and I just hope one day soon all his hard work pays off.
We are also attending a concert as our big anniversary gift to each other! Drum roll please...we are going to see COLDPLAY! You have no idea how excited and pumped I am about seeing them live! It's going to be one of the greatest experiences ever! Beej introduced me to Coldplay back in 2004 and I've been hooked ever since. They are an incredible band, with incredible talent. Nothing moves me like a Coldplay song can.....To this day the opening chords of "The Scientist" gives me goosebumps. I guess because Coldplay changed my whole idea of music and lyrics and poetry and emotion.....they are amazing! So needless to say I am thrilled about this concert!
Next Aug 23 is my 23rd birthday! Don't ask me why but for some reason I am really excited about my 23rd birthday. It seems like more of an adult age then 21 did. Maybe it's because I just now feel like I'm getting my head on straight as an adult. Having a two year old now makes me feel like I'm not a new parent anymore. It's also making me really decide what I think it right and wrong and how I plan to stand up for that when others challenge me. I know that I'm going to allow Gianna to do things that others might not like or see as "proper raising"! Lol! But I think Gianna is going to be a well rounded child. I want to be a "cool" parent. And not in a cheesy sense of the word "cool" but as in, I don't ever want Gianna to think she can't talk to me about anything. Lots of parents say that but as soon as their child opens their mouth to say something they deem "wrong" or "controversial" the child is punished for even thinking about it. I don't ever want to jump to conclusions before she has fully explained what she's thinking. That's what I mean by "cool", maybe I really mean "cool headed"!
On top of that I'm planning my third tattoo! Actually I've been planning it for awhile, deciding on what I wanted. I've picked some ideas and one of Beej's band mates is being kind enough to draw up a few ideas of his own. I'm adding to the tat that's already on my foot. I want something bigger, bolder, prettier and totally rock star! Oh yay!
Plus August is mine and Beej's month to get totally serious about getting in shape. We've talked about it for awhile but it's really time to get it going. We are starting the P90X series. I've heard it's kick butt and living hell and I think that's what I need to get my butt in shape. I have a goal in mind and several "body" inspirations and I'm going for it. There are so many clothes I am dying to wear this Fall, so many styles. I hate the rut I've fallen into with my style, it's so "county" and "mom-ish" - so not what I want! I'm ready to rock the skinny jeans, the rocker t's and Chuck Taylor's again! Woohoo! Bring it on!
Sooooo, August is my "kick butt' month and I'm can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment