Sunday, July 5, 2009

Inspire me, please!


Today I started my new diet. I've been having some stomach issues lately, they seem to be getting worse as time goes on. I haven't watched my diet even though I needed to due to the fact that I had my gallbladder removed over two years ago. But it seems like lately everything I eat seems to really mess with my stomach. So as of last week I decided to go on a fairly strict diet - portion control but also what I eat. I've cut out all red meat and pork (I couldn't really eat pork before but I've cut out bacon too), I've cut out most white flour products (trying to stick to whole grain stuff), cut out sugar (except natural sweetners like honey). I'm also trying to drink alot more fluids, especially juice. I tend to not drink much at all, even when I'm hot or active. Thus I stay partially dyhydrated all the time and this has started leading to me having head aches quite often. Plus I'm trying to get back to walking again, when I walked a couple of miles a day and did basic sit ups and leg lifts at home I started seeing results. I have gained back all the weight I had started losing. My BMI and weight put me in the over weight category for my height. I've watched both sides of my family struggle with their weight all my life and I don't want the rest of my life to be a constant up and down battle....although I've already started seeing that pattern in my life. I'm still searching for that ONE thing that motivates and inspires me beyond anything.....I don't know what it will be or if I'll ever find it. For now I'm just trying to do this one day at a time. I've made it through today but not without temptation. Evening seems to be the worst for me, I make it all day and then by evening I seem to start to crumble. But I've set my goal for 25lbs by November. I'd like to be down 10lbs at least by my birthday at the end of August. Gotta get my butt moving! I've tried to find other women/girls that are an inspiration to me. Right now my biggest inspiration is Kristen Stewart, I love her carefree, rock n roll style and her skinny build!

1 comment:

  1. Alaythea, I'm not trying to discourage you so Please don't take it that way!! Eating healthy is very important and so is exercise so yay Alaythea! I have never seen you in real life so maybe you have the build to be super skinny like Kristen Stewart. I just know that I could never be that skinny unless I literally starved myself (My frame is too big) so make sure you are being realistic when you pick someone to be your inspiration. I don't want you to get down on yourself if you can't get a skinny as her! Just try to be the best you that you can! I hope that we can meet one of these days! I just wanted to say, in case you don't know, that I think you look great in the pics I have seen of you and I would be thrilled to be as thin as you. I hope that you can stick with it. I started my diet today too! We are going to the beach next week and I need to lose a couple pounds before we go.

    ReplyDelete