Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I don't "claim" religion.....


This past year I've been really praying and changing my idea on Christianity and religion. I've had to chance to experience first hand the back lash of so called "christians". Don't get me wrong, I am a Christian and I won't let others stop me from being one. But I am going to be one that I feel pleases God. Not a pious, self-assured, hypocrytical one but one that I feel is trying their best to be what God has asked of them. For years I thought that God was some angry, harsh "pie-in-the-sky" thing that was just waiting for me to screw up so He could punish and humiliate me. But I have finally come to the understanding that God, yes, hates sin (with a passion) but He doesn't deal with what He hates like humans do. He loves us and weeps over us until our hearts our softened and brought back to Him. I've watched people, who claim to be "Christ like" treating people with sin in their lives like plagues. Under the impression that if we show distaste and disgust towards them, that shows that they hate the sin in their lives. But I believe that God can clearly love the person whole heartedly without loving their sin. I don't think God turns His back and "spits" on their existence till they come back to Him and I don't think He wants us to be that way either. I don't understand people who can study the Bible for themselves and experience God for themselves and still turn their back and have nothing to do with Him. I can't imagine my life without God in it. The idea of facing challenges without Him is a scary thing to. I trust Him to help me make the right decision and head in the right direction. I trust him to give me patience and understanding with my daughter and to raise her to be truly Christ like, I trust Him to love me so that I can show true love to those I come in contact with.....I am still learning, each and every day.....

Do you trust Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment