Monday, April 23, 2012

Currently.


(This weekend up in Asheville, NC. We're always smiling up there!)

Reading: I've been on a reading roll this weekend! I hit up the library Thursday and picked up The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I've kinda been on the fence about both both. The Lucky One because Sparks has this love of killing off one of the main characters at the end so I figured since this story involved a soldier he was bound to die. Lol! And I want to see the movie but if it ends said it's not worth sitting through especially since Zac Efron is the main guy. I'm still not sure about that. He's kinda cheesy to me. But I finished it and liked it. And then I started TGWTDT and I'm almost done with it but it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be! I'm eager to read to the other two in the series. The first few chapters are kinda hard to get into because the author has to set a lot of "ground work" but over all and well written book.

Watching: We watched part of The Adventures of TinTin on Friday night. It got kinda late so we haven't finished it yet. It was cute but I can't say I loved it or anything. Other than that I've been on a big kick watching re-runs of Law & Order: SVU and House. Those shows never cease to interest me. My husband and daughter have spent a good bulk of the weekend watching Star Trek on Netflix! It cracks me up, I keep calling them nerds. My daughter informed me yesterday that she was going to name all her toys Data. Nerd.

Working On: Two things are kinda on the forefront of my brain right now. 1. Trying to focus on eating healthy and doing it for more than a couple of days at a time. People are quick to jump on working out and being "accountable" to each other for that but no one wants to watch what they eat with me! But this weekend a friend of mine in AL approached me about being accountable to each other through the myfitnesspal app. I was thrilled! So we set it all up and yesterday was my Day 1 (again!). Lol! But I'm really hoping to stick to this at least through the rest of this round of Insanity and hopefully drop the 10lbs I'd really like to before summer really gets started. And 2. Getting a job lined up for when we move. I've started putting in applications already because we're moving right after school gets out for the summer and I know a lot of high school kids are going to be looking for work. Luckily though the hours I want are hours that most high school aren't going to want! So hopefully that's in my favor. I want to work somewhere fairly hip - somewhere that my tats and nose piercing won't be an issue. Put in an application for Petsmart but they won't let me have any more than one earring in (I have two.), no visible tats which is fine I can cover them but I'd have to get rid of my nose ring and I know it may seem silly but I really don't want to have to give it up. 

Thinking About: Lots of stuff but mainly our move and ALL the changes ahead. I keep trying to imagine what life is going to be like in just a matter of a couple of months (or less). Getting back into the work force, I'm excited but after 6 years it's going to take some getting used to again. Hopefully meeting with a bank soon to figure out exactly what we can get home wise. We've been looking around at some places but until we know exactly we can't really get our sights set on anything seriously. I know, people move all the time but this is a big step for us. I think it's the right step but it doesn't mean I'm not a wee bit nervous. The unknown makes me nervous!

Anticipating: The next two Saturdays! This coming Saturday I'm planning to get out for a couple of hours and just have some me time. I'm kinda looking forward to it. Ideally I'd like to be able to get out with a friend and do something but I don't really have anyone around here who wants to go! So I think I might enjoy just getting out by myself. And then the Saturday after that I'm going to a wedding - weddings are so exciting and I love going and this one is going to be so pretty and full of hand made and vintage touches that will be breath taking!

Listening to: Young the Giant! I am loving their stuff. I think my hubby is tired of me playing it over and over but it's so catchy. 

Eating: I'm kinda obsessed with boiled egg whites and hot sauce! Don't knock it till you try it. So yummy and a good snack when you are watching your calories. And "chef" salads - shredded lettuce, spinach, shredded carrots, turkey and a little light Ranch. So yummy! Oh and restaurant wise we're kinda loving this place called Neo Burrito up in Asheville. They have massive and completely scrumptous burritos. We've been there like three weekends in a row! Saturday Gianna and I "shared" a HUGE bowl of nachos. They were amazing!

Wishing: I could just drop this extra weight and be done with it! I feel like I'm so close to my goal but so far away.....grrrr. 

So what are you currently doing?!






No comments:

Post a Comment